Jazz Pensacola can only deliver programs and continue its mission of supporting jazz through the efforts of its active members. Too often, the same small group of people are repeatedly called on for help.
If you want to assist, look over the following list of opportunities, and let us know what interests you.
Helping out with Jazz Pensacola events is a great way to have fun and interact with many nice people who are Jazz Pensacola members, as well as the jazz-loving public. You can email us at [email protected], or call the office at (850) 433-8382 to discuss.
- Admissions desk at Jazz Gumbos, Jazz Jams and other events
- Passing out flyers at events
- Helping to identify and/or contact potential JazzFest sponsors
- Participating in monthly “Sparks” meetings, the forum for sharing ideas and brainstorming about Jazz Pensacola events and efforts
- “Muscle” (i.e., moving JazzFest supplies to the festival site, organizing the storage room, picking up boxes of contributed LPs and taking to storage, etc. )
- Helping new initiatives identified in our Strategic Plan: Conduct Student Jazz Competition, develop educational programs in local schools and community groups, etc.
- And of course, helping at JazzFest (in 2 hour blocks of time): Merchandise tent, information booth, VIP tent, beer/wine tent, soft drinks booth, transportation, set-up and stage crew, etc.
Join the Sparks Advisory Group
Join other Jazz Pensacola friends in a relaxed forum for discussion, sharing ideas and building momentum for Jazz Pensacola and our activities. To join Sparks, contact Carolyn Tokson at ctokson @ hotmail.com.